* My dream to ride my bike from Brisbane to Ayers Rock in the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park *

Monday, June 28, 2010

World Cup + Rain = Dull Ride

The weather forecast predicted 60% rain in the afternoon but even the morning has started to show signs of dark clouds and strong wind. It was tough getting out of bed in the early morning in the cold particularly after doing a late night last night (but watching Suarez thrashing the Koreans was worth it!).

Anyway, I must ride; otherwise, what do I write in the blog??? Haha... I can't be serious. I can't ride for the blog. I ride because I want to ride. And the blog is about what I like most - to ride; not to write... (say this in Schwarzenegger's line in Simpsons The Movie - "I was elected to lead; not to read...!")

I've been to the South for the past few rides and before that a couple of times to the North so decided to venture East this time, towards the coast. A view by the coast should be nice regardless of the time of the day or the season in the year - I thought. Rather disappointingly, the road wasn't challenging after all and the scenery was quite dull and gloomy. I took many pictures but the best I could post here was the one below at Wellington Point. I was wandering along the Southern Moreton Bay Tourist Route after that stopping at Raby Bay, Victoria Point and all the way to Redland Bay. It then started to drizzle so I decided that I have ventured enough, turn right towards Mt. Cotton and head home. The best part was probably stopping at the bakery near my house and bought some freshly baked croissant and brought them home for breakfast with my wife... I turned out to be quite a wonderful morning after all...


The rest of the day was still cloudy and windy but still managed to run a few errands including visiting friends for lunch. Bumped into Eadie who was wondering why I did not call him for the ride. I honestly thought he was out golfing - just like Bob who was out golfing with his best buddies... ;-)

On the way back we stopped at the park near our house for the kids to play. Here are my kids and significant other in action. I guess this is as far as they'd ever get on a two-wheeler... sigh...



The cloudy day does end nicely as the sun sets and the sky turns purplish blue and the bright moon rising made it just perfect... What a way to end a weekend...

Oh, oh, gotta go... gotta see Germany beat England! Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment