* My dream to ride my bike from Brisbane to Ayers Rock in the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park *

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The dream

It has always been my passion to ride my bike on a "quest" - a long journey to a dream destination. Of course the ultimate dream is to go for an endless journey on an unlimited time, exploring and wandering at the same time, soaking yourself into the experience and excitement of the journey itself just like Ted Simon in Jupiter's Travels : Four Years Around the World on a Triumph but TIME has always been the major constraint. One day, if I ever get to achieve my target to retire while I'm still relatively not-that-old and my back problem doesn't get any worse than this; then I will go for that endless journey but for now, I'd have to settle for a ride somewhere, anywhere... just me and my bike...

I love the open road - the feeling of the wind on your face, the smell of the air around you, the scenic view (anything seems scenic when you're on a motorbike!), the places you see and the people you meet. Now that I'm in Australia, it's the perfect opportunity to do just that. Wide straight road of the outback has been calling me ever since I arrived here. That's why I switched from my 1st love, my Harley Softail:



to a BMW sport tourer R1200RT SE:


but I still keep my Harley though...

So, it started with a dream (which the wife approves!) to do the 7,000 km journey (the distance includes return trip - the promise to the wife is to come back in one piece...) to go see one of God's wonders on a solo bike trip through the wild and mysterious Outback...

Stay tuned...

Next step: The Planning

No comments:

Post a Comment