* My dream to ride my bike from Brisbane to Ayers Rock in the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park *

Saturday, October 23, 2010

All set and ready to go!

Just thought that I'd post a quick one before I retire early for the night.

I can gladly say that everything is done! All the stuffs are packed nicely on the bike. I spent the entire morning (not that early though... some of the guys - and one of my "sponsors" - came over last night to bid farewell and we ended up chatting until 2 am!) and afternoon going through my packing list again and ticking them off one by one. It was going on so well, until I had to packed everything into the bike - they won't fit!!! The worse and saddest part is reducing the load. I'm very sure all the things on the list that was the result of months of research are all important - but some of them have to go. Anyway, there was also a bit of small success here and there. Look at the two "before" and "after" pics below - Look closely and you can guess that the wife would have came along at some point and help out...


The other funny (but also a bit scary) moment was when the bike was fully loaded, while on its centre stand, the front wheel just rose by itself! Haha... imagine how rear-heavy it is now. Thanks to the Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) system, one push of a button fixed the rear suspension pre-tension level. But imagine carrying a big pillion rider everywhere for every day for two weeks!

Below here will be part of my fixed view for 8 to 10 hours a day. My cockpit:

One could easily mistaken it for a cockpit of a fighter jet, haha! The middle screen is the GPS and the compact camera is fixed on a separate mount next to it (that's the Camzilla camera mount).

By the way, this is also a practice for quick blog entry. From now on, I can forget the luxury of writing from the desktop PC in my home office, sitting on a fluffy chair with a mug of tea writing through the night. Starting tomorrow night, I'd be lucky to be able to spare 1 hour.

Anyway, here goes, butterflies in stomach and all - I'm retiring for the night. Hope I can sleep easy. This was what I cook the family for dinner tonight - fillet steak accompanied with greek salad, garlic oyster mushroom, sauteed onion and red pepper... Just wanted to see that smiling face before I depart tomorrow...

Good night and good ride... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment