* My dream to ride my bike from Brisbane to Ayers Rock in the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park *

Friday, October 22, 2010

This is it!

This is it - after many months of preparation and dreaming (more dreaming than preparing actually); the day finally has come! I'm extremely excited but a bit nervous at the same time. I know I have sort of a plan and I'm sort of packed. I guess I would just have to wake up on Sunday morning and ride off. It's a blessing to have all the best people in the field working for me otherwise I would have never been able to make this trip and leave the office for two weeks! I just hope I'd still have my job when I get back...

Here's the bike with the new topbox. This pic was taken just after the Safety Inspection at the BMW Motorrad workshop. The gave it a nice wash too!


And here's the pic during the practice setup of the tent few evenings ago. It's roomy but it's also light - and it will save me a lot of money that otherwise I would have had to be spent on motel bills! Come to think of it, the money that I spent for the tent vs. money I save from motel bills gave me a return on more than 1000%! How's that for IRR...


More pictures to come (I'm sure I can spare some time in between packing my stuff)...

2 comments:

  1. saya doakan pandai selamat dlm perjalanan pergi dan balik serta keselamatan utk keluarga semua.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the best, Pandai! safe Journey and back. stay away from poisonous snakes and spiders. don't try to be Steve Irwin, we all know what happened to him.

    See you soon, InsyaAllah! :D

    ReplyDelete